- Year the Eastern Mediterranean University was founded: 1979
- Schools: 4
- Faculties: 12
- Undergraduate Programs: 107
- Postgraduate Programs: 103
- When to Apply: Applications for admission are accepted twice a year (fall and spring semesters)
- Language of Instruction: English
- Lecturers, Professors, and Administrative Staff: 1500
- Number of students: 16,000+
- International students represented: 68 countries
- Campus: 615 000 sq.m
- Rankings: 2nd in Turkey, 201-300 Band Worldwide by THE World University Rankings.
YÖK – The Council of Higher Education (Yükseköğretim Kurulu, YÖK; also translated as Higher Education Board) is responsible for the supervision of universities in Turkey and Northern Cyprus, in a capacity defined by articles 130 and 131 of the 1982 constitution.
ABET is a nonprofit, ISO 9001 certified organization that accredits college and university programs in applied and natural science, computing, engineering and engineering technology.
The following academic programs at the Eastern Mediterranean University (EMU) are accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission (ABET):
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering (B.S.)
- Civil Engineering (B.S.)
- Mechanical Engineering (B.S.)
- Computer Engineering (B.S.)
- Industrial Engineering (B.S.)
- Mechatronics Engineering and Software Engineering (B.S.)
The Architectural Accreditation Board (MİAK), is the only institution that accredits architectural education programs in Turkey and Northern Cyprus. It also inspects and accredits architectural education institutions in line with universal criteria.
The Architecture (B.Arch.) program at EMU has been validated by MİAK.
FIBAA awards its Quality Seal to higher education institutions and programs of high quality worldwide according to the standards of the German Accreditation Council.
The following programs are accredited by FIBAA:
- Banking and Insurance (B.S.)
- Finance and Banking (B.S.)
- International Finance (B.S.)
- Business Administration (B.B.A., English-medium)
- Human Resource Management (B.S.)
- International Trade and Business (B.S., English-medium)
- Management Information System (B.S.)
- Marketing (B.S.)
- Public Administration (B.A.)
- Economics (B.S.)
- International Relations (B.A.)
- Political Science (B.A.)
- Undergraduate programs offered at the Faculty of Business & Economics; Tourism and Hospitality Management (B.S.)
- Undergraduate program and Tourism Management (M.S.) English-medium Master’s program with thesis offered at the School of Tourism and Hospitality Management
Associate Degree program in Medical Documentation and Office Management – Turkish-medium
- Associate Degree and Higher Diploma programs in Accounting and Taxation Applications offered at the School of Computing & Technology are all accredited by FIBAA.
AQAS assesses if the quality assurance system of a university/faculty/college is in line with the ESG. The following academic programs at the Eastern Mediterranean University are accredited by AQAS:
- Pre-School Teacher Education (B.A.)
- English Language Teaching (B.A.)
- Interior Architecture (B.Int.Arch.)
TEDQUAL measures the degree of incorporation of tourism industry standards and students’ needs in academic programs.
The Associate Degree program in Tourism and Hospitality Management & Tourism and Hospitality Management (B.S.) at the Eastern Mediterranean University is backed by TEDQUAL.
The quality of a study program is determined by the formulation of relevant objectives by the applying university itself. The quality is also determined by the success that graduates achieve in their profession. ASIIN confirms that a study program meets a high quality standard.
The following programs are ASIIN accredited:
- Associate Degree & Higher Diploma programs in Biomedical Equipment Technology, Computer Programming, Electrical and Electronics Technology
- Associate Degree programs in Mapping and Cadastral Survey & Construction Technology
- Information Systems and Technologies (B.S.)
- Information Technology (B.S.)
- Information Technology (M.Tech.)
- Molecular Biology and Genetics (B.S.)
- Medical Biotechnology (M.S. without thesis)
Other Accreditations include: EDEXCEL, EFMD, AACSB.
- International Association of Universities
- European University Association
- Community of Mediterranean Universities and the Federation of the Universities of the Islamic World