Who We Are
Blue Ocean Travel which specializes in travel, tourism, and education consulting is an entity of Blue Ocean Group – a fast-growing, multidimensional business conglomerate with head office in Douala, Cameroon.
Blue Ocean Travel’s vision is to create academic opportunities for tomorrow’s leaders in Africa by connecting them to the best universities in Northern Cyprus and beyond.
To get there, we shall continuously expand the Blue Ocean Travel’s ecosystem wherein our partner universities can showcase the best they have to offer and students can choose what suits them the most.
Blue Ocean is dedicated to bringing global education within the reach of Africans and we are accomplishing it in a very unique way – by using an efficient online platform employing high-end technology, but with a human touch that sets us apart.
Personal data is any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person, directly or indirectly.
When using blueoceannorthcyprus.com, Blue Ocean may collect your personal data for the following purposes:
- Within the context of navigation on the site: for statistical analysis;
- When downloading resources such as guides and brochures: to provide you with the requested information;
- Within the scope of filling in the contact form: to study your request and contact you if necessary;
- As part of a newsletter subscription: to keep you informed of relevant industry news.
Neither Blue Ocean nor any of its subcontractors will market your personal data.
Type of data collected
The nature of the personal data collected depends on how the data will be processed.
When using blueoceannorthcyprus.com, the following personal data may be collected: last name, first name, e-mail address, telephone number, and other relevant information that may help us process your request or consultation for a service.
Blue Ocean will only collect personal data sufficient for this purpose. Only the data marked with an asterisk on the collection forms are mandatory.
Only Blue Ocean is the recipient of your personal data. However, we may need to do so with the help of a third party service.
How long we keep the data we collect
Your personal data is kept by Blue Ocean only for the time necessary to achieve the purpose of the collection.
Duration will vary as follows:
- During the navigation of blueoceannorthcyprus.com: conservation for a maximum duration of 13 months;
- When downloading resources and subscribing to newsletters: retention until you choose to unsubscribe;
- When filling in the contact form: conservation for the time necessary to process your request.
In accordance with the regulations in force, you have the following rights:
- Right of access: you have the right to access your personal data;
- Right of rectification or deletion: you may request the rectification, update, closure or deletion of personal data concerning you that may be inaccurate, erroneous, incomplete or obsolete;
- Right to erasure: you may request the erasure of your personal data;
- Right of limitation: you can request the limitation of your personal data;
- Right to withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal data;
- Right to portability: you can request to receive your personal data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format;
- Right to object: under certain conditions, you can object to the processing of your personal data;
- The right to file a complaint.
You may also define general and specific directives concerning the fate of your Personal Data after your death. If necessary, the heirs of a deceased person may request that the death of their loved one be taken into account and/or that the necessary updates be made.
Exercise your rights
You can exercise these rights in the following ways:
Contact Blue Ocean: firstname.lastname@example.org
Your request will be processed provided that you can prove your identity, in particular by producing a scan of your valid identity document or a signed photocopy of your valid identity document (in case of written request).
Blue Ocean, also has the right, if necessary, to object to manifestly abusive requests.
Blue Ocean undertakes to respond within a reasonable period of time, which shall not exceed one month from the receipt of your request.