Generally, international students aspiring to study in Northern Cyprus (including Cameroonian students) do not need a visa to enter the country except for students from Syria, Nigeria, and Armenia.
International students from Visa Free countries are issued a visa upon arrival in Northern Cyprus. Below, we have listed what is needed to apply for a student visa – resident permit.
Nonetheless, we think it is important that you also know all the different kinds of North Cyprus visas. This way, you will understand why international students need a resident permit.
Types of Northern Cyprus Visas
Those who come to the country for touristic visits and will stay at a hotel or other accommodation facility and those who have rented an accommodation for this purpose, can be issued a visa for a maximum of 30 days. If they can submit documents showing that a prior payment has been made for accommodation, a visa up to 90 days may be granted.
A visa up to 60 days can be issued to those who arrive in the country for the purpose of family visit and stay at the inviting family member’s house.
A visa up to 90 days may be issued to those who come for official visits, business meetings, conferences, seminars, meetings, festivals, fairs, exhibitions, sporting events, cultural and artistic events, health tourism and similar purposes.
INTERNSHIP, COURSE, EXCHANGE PROGRAM, IN-SERVICE TRAINING VISA
Foreigners who wish to enter the country for internships, courses, student exchange programs and in-service training can be issued a visa for up to 90 days provided that they can submit formal acceptance letters.
WORK PERMIT VISA
It is granted for a period of 30 days to foreigners who have come to the country with a preliminary permit in accordance with the Law on Work Permits of Foreigners.
Citizens of the countries who do not have an Embassy, Consulate General, Consulate or other Representative Office in the TRNC are required to have a passport valid for at least two years to be able to apply for a work permit visa.
BUSINESS ESTABLISHMENT VISA
Foreigners who come to the country for the purpose of starting a business can be issued a visa for a period of 30 days provided that they have the funds to start a business.
RESIDENCE PERMIT VISA
The following types of visas may be issued to foreigners who will enter the country in order to apply for one of the residence permit types.
- Visa for Family Residence Permit: Foreigners who will apply for a family residence permit can be given a visa up to 90 days.
- Visa Due to Ownership of Immovable Property: A visa can be issued up to 90 days for those who have a title deed document indicating that they own an immovable property in the country.
- Visa for Student Residence Permit Application: Foreigners who come to the country to obtain a student residence permit may be granted a 60 day visa upon submission of a formal student registration or pre-registration letter.
- Visa for Judicial and Administrative purposes: Those who come to the country upon request or decision of judicial or administrative authorities can be granted a visa for the term of their duty.
- Visa for Scientific Research: Those who come to the country for scientific research purposes can be granted a visa for the duration of the research.
- Visa for Graduates of the TRNC Universities: Graduates of 2-year higher education programs or those who have studied at least 3 years in any of the 4-year higher education programs in the TRNC can be granted a visa valid for 30 days.
Visa Upon Arrival in Northern Cyprus As An International Student
Upon arrival in Northern Cyprus, you shall be expected to provide the following documents:
- Filled-in Visa Application form
- Unconditional Admission/Acceptance letter from your University
- Flight reservation
- 2 passport size biometric photos
- Photocopies of passport valid for at least 6 months
- Proof of tuition fee payment – usually a letter from the university confirming or acknowledging receipt of payment
- Guarantee letter signed by the sponsor and the student and certified by a public notary, stating that the sponsor will cover all the expenses of the student.
- Officially approved bank statements for the last three (03) months
- Sponsor’s ID
- Consent letter from your parent if you are less than 18 years old
- Copies of all your education certificates
- Copy of return ticket
- Vaccination card for yellow fever and typhoid diseases.
Other Conditions For Cameroonians Traveling to North Cyprus
Cameroonian students traveling to Northern Cyprus are obliged to buy flight tickets only with Turkish Airlines else you may not be able to enter the country nor obtain a visa upon arrival.
Economic student flights can be bought through Blue Ocean. Contact Blue Ocean on WhatsApp.
Recent COVID Quarantine Rules – Feb. 2022
For those who enter Northern Cyprus without being vaccinated for COVID 19 will need to quarantine for five days.
For more precise information, please get in touch on WhatsApp with a Blue Ocean Consultant to check the most recent visa formalities.
Looking for admission? Check-out this post that list the general admission requirements for North Cyprus Universities.